Popular Posts

Masoomah Jilbab Review

I while ago I said that I had ordered the above jilbab from Masoomah Jilbabs - I have since received (and returned..) it and have decided to write a review on the site and the product.
.
Shop review:
Quality of website:

Aesthetically speaking and by comparison to popular fashion sites, it's not the best by a long shot; but by comparison to popular abaya and jilbab sites, it's quite average. In terms of ease of use, it's relatively simple to navigate and order from. I has a very wide selection of jilbabs and abayas as well as scarves.

Overall rating: 3/5

Customer service:
Buying:
Too informal for my liking: I was called up by a woman from Masoomah asking me to text her my sizes. Although she was friendly, I didn't feel it was professional enough for a company that started in 2001.

The jilbab arrived in relatively good time considering that they alter the garment to your size. P&P was well priced.

Returns:
I am a firm believer that you can tell the quality of an online company from their returns policy. In order to return an item at Masoomah, you have to email the company telling them that you want to return it and then they email you the returns address. You then must pay to return it unless it is faulty or incorrect, in which case they will pay. This procedure is far to long-winded and will make me think twice about purchasing from Masoomah again.

Overall rating: 2.5/5

Value for money:

I think the abayas and jilbabs are very well priced, with a basic jilbab costing around £35. The tweed one above was £31.99.

Overall rating: 3.5/5

Jilbab Review:
Pros:

- Where else can you get a tweed abaya?!
- Good length
- Perfect for winter

Cons:

- The sleeves look lovely in the photo but are far too poofy in real life so they make your arms look disproportionately fat
- It's heavy to wear
- The colour in the photo is nicer than it really is

Overall:
Even though the review sounds a bit harsh, I would actually recommend the site because of it's wide range of jilbabs, good prices and most importantly, it's safe to purchase from. Good for a full time jilbab wearer, but just not for me.

Overall rating for Masoomah: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment